Coronation is presently able to utilize a limited number of volunteers. Volunteer opportunities will generally be posted on SchoolZone by your child's teacher as opportunities arise.
Parent leaders and volunteers are an integral part of our school programs. Parent participation enhances our students’ learning experiences. A variety of opportunities are available to lead and assist with classroom, school and parent group events.
Many opportunities are available, and participation can be long or short term. Volunteer activities may include:
- Tutor or classroom assistance: Helping individual students or small groups of students, assisting the classroom teacher, and/or other large group lessons.
- Room Representatives: Helping teachers contact parents/guardians, handling book orders, arranging for volunteers, etc.
- Clerical assistance: Laminating, typing, photocopying, collating, preparing lesson materials, and/or assembling displays.
- Library assistance: Shelving books, assisting with annual inventory, filing, helping at book fairs, and/or designing displays.
- Student activities: Assisting, supervising, and/or organizing extra-curricular events, and/or supervising on your child's field trip (in class or away from school).
We ask that volunteers in the long-term programs commit themselves to specific days and times for performing their duties. This ensures consistency, which is important for effective student learning.
All parents are encouraged to become involved with our two parents groups: Coronation School Council, and Coronation Parent Fundraising Committee.
Every volunteer is required to complete a new Volunteer Registration Form each school year. If you have accepted a volunteering opportunity (including accompanying your child/child's classroom on a Field Trip), please come to the Office to complete the form. Please note that these forms are mandatory and need to be completed once every school year. Thank you!